Playlist

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

HD is nice, burnout is not. Faith and future, the best.


So. At last, here we are again. It’s been a while…tired, baby…tired. A new year, same Frank Sinatra...New York....New York...oh, yeah.

Thirsty for a new entry here.

The new TV was more than $200, but still a fabulous deal at $317 (after tax) for 1080p and great surround sound. Honestly, it still wows me how amazing and real fabrics and textures look, people’s hair, etc, etc. It’s already made it’s money back. I love that thing. My kitten, well…he paws at it. Somehow, it has repelled every possible scratch. No clue how, but very thankful, as IT WAS EXPENSIVE.

Anyway…

Burnout. Whew. Bored beyond bored at work. I used to love it, but no longer working much at a real register has soured my spirits there. I did a week of night shift once, a nice contrast but unsustainable with what I need in life, y’know…like BEING ABLE TO DO THINGS IN THE DAYTIME AND NOT BEING DEAD-TIRED! But it was fun, doing it again next week, and I kind of need to. Another highlight of my job was learning how to operate the gas station, different, exciting and so quiet in there. Not as quiet as this nook of serenity here, but not too far from it. I also get a chair. Finally! Doing a shift there this week.

Starting college soon, everything is ready. All I need to do is dig into my financial aid and use some of it for my FIRST CLASS! Very excited to be majoring in Paralegal Studies. I still think it’s what I want to do. Let’s see how I feel by the next time I write one of these, when hopefully I’ll have that first class in the books.

Tax refund coming, conversion (and hefty Mikveh fee) already come! I have pledged my allegiance to Judaism, and it works for me. I will be happy with it for the rest of my life and it truly brings me joy. What a feeling! I had the best Rabbi along for the ride, guiding me and sharing in the joy together.

Marriage, car…still high on my list. Thinking tax refund will go towards the wedding, and I am hopeful in feeling that I have regained the love and trust of my significant other, who surprises me these days with sweet messages of how she finds comfort through me and how I’ve been there for her going on 7 years now. I hope to do something nice for Valentine’s Day together and get hitched. I want it. Truly.

Not sure if I could handle or it is worthwhile to try for a second job at the movie store, a dream of mine since I adore cinema, but if my burnout continues after I begin school, I may just have to do it. Also! I have bought name tags for my three cats, to show them how much I love them as my furry companions and thank them for making me smile after a lame day at work. And my hamster…the gleam in her teensy eyes is something else! My significant other is becoming more beautiful as well, if that was possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment